Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The Purpose of the Course
This equality, diversity and inclusion training course will examine issues of inequality and how we can create an inclusive environment to achieve equal opportunities. You will be given the tools to identify any biases you may have and gain an insight into how your values and culture can impact on how you view and treat others.
Benefits for Your Organisation
The course will ensure that all staff are aware of the issues surrounding equality, diversity and inclusion and be able to demonstrate this awareness through their actions in the workplace. This will have a ‘knock on effect’ in demonstrating to your customers and clients your commitment to these issues. This will result in tangible benefits for the workplace.
- What is Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Equality Act Quiz – Test your knowledge
- Practical application of the Equality Act through the medium of case studies
- Diversity in the UK
- Do we have biases? Where do they come from?
- Practical tips to challenge our biases
- How are our values formed?
- The impact of culture on our values and how we treat others
- Devise an action plan for your own personal development
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Define equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop an understanding of the practical application of the Equality Act 2010
- Identify negative and discriminatory practice
- Devise methods of applying anti-discriminatory practice
- Understand the prevalence of ‘protected characteristics’ and ethnicity
- Recognise where our values, beliefs and prejudices come from
- Identify the importance of yourself within a cultural context, how you identify
others and how you would like others to identify you
- Devise a personal development action plan to promote equality, diversity and
What Our Clients Say!
A great course and very important for taxi drivers, especially very helpful for new drivers.
Before the training I was able to contact Garry about what I needed in terms of my disability and I am very happy that I was able to join in and participate.
It is an interesting and informative course. I have learnt a lot to help people in my work place.
Excellent delivery, very up to date, keep the great work up. Could come back for more anytime.
Very unique to think this is the world we live in. However, it took today’s course to bring it to the front of our minds!
Well worth the investment and certain to pay dividends in improved perception of the course.
Both trainers for were engaging and made the day enjoyable. The information they gave was interesting and very informative. I go away today feeling like I have learned a little bit more about myself. Thanks a lot.
Garry’s relaxed conversational approach enables participation and engagement on a non-glamour subject to a level which is beneficial to attendees and helps preference real world situations.
The training was an opportunity to refresh any prior knowledge and expand upon this update. The training was delivered is an engaging manner, using a diverse range of methods and activities. The day was both interesting and enjoyable.
This training was informative and fun. It incorporated a range of different activities to keep the group entertained. The trainer was helpful and always answered everyone’s questions.
Please enter your email to subscribe and get the latest updates from us.